Changing the high pressure dewar
Changing the High Pressure Dewar (on the 700)
- Make sure that an experiment is not being collected on the 700.
- Close the gas valve on the old/empty dewar.
- Close the two valves on the gas line which goes to into the NMR lab.
- Unscrew the transfer line from the dewar.
- Attach the transfer line to the gas valve of the new dewar.
- Open the two values on the gas line to the NMR lab.
- Open the gas valve on the dewar. It will be noisy at first but will subside quickly.